Discover more from Tugboat for Today
Favorites September 4th 2022
I think I saw the most famous ones, like the one above, a long time ago, but if you go into the full archive, there's lots of interesting old photos.
In 2021 we had a 16 year high, and in 2022 we're on track for it to be even higher! We've erased decades of progress!
It was not intuitive to me that rent burden less predictive of homelessness than absolute prices, but the explanation is actually pretty straightforward.
The whole "publicly admitting you did the crime" shtick is gonna be a lot riskier if he finally gets charged with a crime. The newest excuse is that he was going to put the documents in his presidential library, which... is not a thing you can do with classified documents.
They made a majority of Catholics support abortion! Wild!
• Thread explaining the details of the California's Net-Zero carbon emissions legislation, which Newsom pushed hard for and got passed this year.
• Detailed thread regarding weather prediction for the extreme heat wave this week in California.
• If you want more takedowns of degrowth, here's a thread of them.
• Short history thread about the beginning of construction of SF MUNI in 1911.
• Thread explaining the European energy crisis.