Favorites December 6th 2023
You could absolutely imagine them going further, watching for them making heartfelt testimonials, noting the number of viewers at the exact moment.
Not only will the effect of the FDA regulating tests be bad (making tests for diseases more expensive and less available), but if you look through the details, it seems pretty clearly outside their legal jurisdiction. Anyway, here's an article with more details.
• Brian Potter has a short thread explaining why he doesn't think HUD removing the chassis requirement from manufactured homes would make a big dent in how widely used they are.
Flotsam and Jetsam
– China grabs some of Bhutan's territory (src)
– Western Women used to wear headscarves, they stopped after the invention of elastic hair bands in 1958. (src)
– Argument between economists over whether inequality is increasing is quite feisty (src)
– The US ambassador to Bolivia turned out to have been a Cuban spy for decades. (src)
– The US and China are both afflicted with the disease of 'put 8 lane highways in the middle of downtown'. (src)
– Half of global poverty reduction in the last 40 years was due to government transfers, (the other half from productivity growth). Capitalism and socialism both work better together than separately. (src)
– Apparently it takes about a year for people to realize inflation has fallen. (src)
– People who talk about 'luxury condos' generally live in single family homes that are larger and more valuable than the condos in question. (src)
– China's military spending growth over the last two decades vs their neighbors is a bit scary, especially given that they keep taking territory from their neighbors (src)
– Tuberville's hold on military promotions was finally dropped (src)
– Pure EV carmakers, who don't have to worry about cannibalizing their ICE sales, are very quickly rising in marketshare (src)
– Cool new system for de-icing planes by heating them with electricity (src)
– License plates used to catch murderer in Los Angeles. We should work harder to ensure no one drives around without license plates. (src)
– Looks like the Vallco apartment development in Cupertino is going to get a bit bigger thanks to state law (src)
– Wild that some western leftists are coming out in favor of Venezuala invading Guyana. (src)