Discover more from Tugboat for Today
Favorites August 16th 2023
These expected GDP numbers are absolutely crazy, and at the same time polling says that everyone is worried we're in a recession.
I wonder if this is true outside of groceries, I find myself buying unexpected items on Amazon, but maybe it would happen even more if I was shopping at Target? Here’s the paper.
I don't think one of these has ever made landfall in California, earlier forecasts indicated it could have even ended up making landfall in SF.
Flotsam and Jetsam
– If AI drives down the price of intellectual work, it will simply accelerate cost disease. (src)
– "Land ownership as 'generational wealth' is just feudalism" (src)
– It's important to remember that upzoning will increase property values, there's value in YIMBYs internalising this fact. (src)
– Sierra club slowing down renewable energy projects in Puerto Rico (src)
– Auckland's impressive housing growth has come from 'missing middle' development, rather than large apartments or single family homes. (src)
– Inflation Reduction Act money is going to counties that are below-average wages. That's good! (src)
– Lower the cap on Russian oil (src)
– Coffee consumption and production are rising continuously. (src)