Discover more from Tugboat for Today
Favorite Rejects 2023-06-15
– The whole AI boom started because of a more user-friendly wrapper around a relatively old invention, GPT3.
– Wow, doctors are really nervous about joining private-equity run practices.
– NIMBYs said that the housing above BART in Berkeley needed to be 100% affordable. Now they're angry that formerly homeless people are going to live there.
– The woman who wrote the poem that inspired the Statue of Liberty was a major georgist.
– Too many Democrats in one place and land values go up.
– California Business year-over-year increase in new business formation way up
– Other than planes, nothing about american transportation has gotten better since the creation of the department of transportation.
– Mosquito repellent that's way more effective.
– Batteries in california are doing great at handling the evening period without solar.
– Don't means test free school lunches in poor schools.
– Construction is a good anti-crime measure.
– US public health response to COVID was bad, but everything else went great.
– Canadian productivity falling, time to annex?
– Gorsuch is really really favorable to Native American tribes.