Discover more from Tugboat for Today
Favorite Rejects 2023-05-16
– Follow-up on yesterday's post about Americans having more leisure time and working fewer hours
– Minimum wages are right wing compared to the alternative they were proposed against: sectoral unions
– Republicans moved 22 points on MMR vaccine requirements
– They're removing all land use review for building homeless shelters in NYC. Seems good.
– Gas Prices are way down.
– Folks claiming CEQA is good cite a project that was exempt as an example of CEQA working.
– China youth unemployment rate is at 20%, plus they're not allowed to play video games more than 2 hours a day.
– Senator Feinstein is not doing so well
– Publishers are trying to clean up old books (like Bond) in order for them to sell, not because of reader demand. There's no point admonishing readers not to ask for these books to be rewritten.
– Schwarzenegger is in favor of permitting reform